[Nut-upsuser] Powerware Prestige 1000VA

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun May 20 15:46:17 UTC 2007

nut at deltabbs.org wrote:

> I do have gdlib-config installed, and that made me ignore the config
> option, because:
>
> > What is the output of the following on your system?
>
> #gdlib-config --version --ldflags --includes
> 2.0.33
> -L/usr/lib
> -I/usr/include
>
> It doesn't include support for libXpm.

That is bizarre, because on another one of my Fedora systems, I get:

$ gdlib-config --version --ldflags --libs --includes
2.0.33
-L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz -lm
-I/usr/include

So this sometimes seems to include Xpm.

What do you get from "gdlib-config --libs"? I wonder if your gdlib is
installed correctly. Note that NUT does not explicitly request "-lXpm",
so it seems that the output from your gdlib-config might be
inconsistent. Please advise!

> Ah well. Still, with your help I used the configure option
>  --with-gd-libs="-L/usr/lib -lgd -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm"
>
> and it built.

That is good, but it would be better if we got the autoconf test to
work properly in your situation, because for every user reporting a
problem, there are a hundred who just give up.

-- Peter