[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS ES 550 reports zero(0) load

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Oct 12 15:27:24 UTC 2007

> On 10/12/07, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:
>> > Any help or guidance would be appreciated.  If I need to patch the
>> > source to add support for the ES 550, I can do that, with a little
>> > guidance.
>>
>> There is nothing we can do about this. According to the output you
>> attached (which is great, thanks), the UPS is reporting this.

>> Offset: 0, Size: 8, Value: 0.000000
>
> Arjen,
>
> is there a possibility that the descriptor has some strange conversion
> that is causing NUT to read this improperly? I don't recall if there
> is a way to display the hex values coming back from the device.

Well, the version from the trunk or Testing will display this at debug
level 3 or higher. At debug level 5 or higher it will even display the
values for the logical to physical conversion that was used in the
calculations. But looking at the size of it (8 bits) I don't think
PercentLoad will require a conversion. Theoretically you could increase
the resolution from 1% to ~0.4% (100/256) though, but this feature is
rarely used.

Best regards, Arjen