[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CPS1500AVR (rack mount) options

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Oct 12 18:56:14 UTC 2007

Whit Blauvelt wrote:

> You've asked the vendor?

Not directly, but I suppose they should be aware of NUT, since that's
what they direct users to seeking Unix/Linux support. I didn't ask them
lately, although I'm fairly certain that someone did in the past few years.

> They're selling a lot of units through newegg.com,
> and have responded to some of the customer reviews there saying they have
> more Linux support forthcoming. So at least some of the vendor's staff is
> aware that better Linux support => more sales.
>
> A comment from them on Linux is at:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102018 - they say
> they're developing their own OS version of PowerPanel. Once that comes out,
> obviously, the values NUT needs will be public.

If they really mean open source, we could probably use that. But seeing
is believing here. It wouldn't be the first vendor that mistakes
'available for free' with 'open source'. And neither would it be the
first that would be shamelessly claiming they support NUT, without
providing any actual help.

> Would they have any reason not to go ahead and share those values now?

I don't know. Ask them for a protocol specification and permission to
post it here.

Best regards, Arjen