[Nut-upsuser] NUT ups issue

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Oct 24 02:31:30 UTC 2007

Hi Drew,

I no longer work on NUT, but the folks at the nut-upsuser mailing list
are extremely helpful. See
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/nut-upsuser

The 2.0.3 release is *way* out of date; the current stable NUT release
is 2.2.0. It contains many improvements, particularly to the newhidups
driver (which is now called usbhid-ups).

If your distribution does not package a current NUT version, then you
should just build it from source. That is usually a lot easier than
trying to resolve all the missing dependencies.

Good luck! I retired from NUT support + development some months ago,
but I cc'd the mailing list; please reply to the list if you need
further help compiling/installing/getting it to work. You may need to
subscribe to the list to be able to post to it.

-- Peter