[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar Ellipse 800 off early or box shutdown late

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Wed Oct 24 11:44:37 UTC 2007

Overload? OK to be save I will measure it exactly.
Unfortunatelly, I have experiments so many configuration options and
environment (60W lamp, 3*40W lamps and 300W heater) that I can mess some
of them. Also I was experienced two times that everything is goes well, is
it always with starting charge of batteries more than 95%, and ups itself
was restarted (unplug line and batteries together). I think that my
problems also coming from somewhat buggy firmware;( Some times I have run
to problem because of I do not know waht parameters are mean exactly - I
have set "ups.delay.shutdown" (it is always coming up as -1 using upsc
command) and my usp switched of on that time - for me it was a surprize.
More clues, on 300W load, "battery.charge: 86", "ups.load: 68" I have
"battery.runtime: 147" - I think it means about 2 minutes - should be
enough to wheel the shutdown procedure on two boxes.
I repeat I do not need high availability - I need a safe shutdown and wait
to charge up batteries, to prepare for next time - if it takes an hour
than it could have it.
My approach is shutdown as quickly as possible on power failure and come
up as late as possible after line is coming back - usually it is unsafe to
use it after failure at least 10..15 miutes;(
Thanks
  tovis