[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 800 shutdown problems - using upsmon NOTIFYCMD

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Wed Oct 24 19:16:40 UTC 2007

upsmon.conf using NOTIFCMD and NOTIFYFLG is working well, it is calling my
script "notify" on requested events (ONBATTERY,LOWBATTERY and ONLINE).
Command
#upsmon -c fsd -u monmaster myups at localhost

gracefully shutdown my box and after several seconds switch off the ups's
load.

Two problems:
  - notify script is called and executed as user "nut" (as it used to be
    defined in nut package for Debian 4.0 Etch). To execute forced shutdown
    it must be root!
  - seem to be a good idea, to set "ups.delay.start" for a resonabli longer
    time!

How to these changes?

Thanks
  tovis

PS: Arjen de Korte suspected something was wrong around my "heater" load,
for now I have used two 150W lamps and it cause load 52% in case
"ONBATTERY". When battery is charged over 95% the nut is working as
suspected, but after first shutdown - switch up cycle the charge is about
86% and sequence does not work (usp shutdown early).