[Nut-upsuser] Ever hear of Robanton?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Sep 20 09:21:44 UTC 2007

>>> 	But one of the bigger things is telling you the
>>> Input Voltage, Output Voltage, % Battery Level, Input Frequency,
>>> Last Spike, Last Sag, Last Failure Cause.
>>>
>>> 	With all this, doesn't it mean that there is SOME more intelligence
>>> to the UPS than "OL, OB, LB"?
>>
>> I doubt it, but prove me wrong.
>
> Even though you aren't of course wrong, I still don't get how
> "OL, OB, LB" can tell you Input Frequency for example....

According to the website you mentioned before, the UPS supports the things
that are typically found on UPS'es that have a contact closure interface.
In almost all cases, this means that indeed the UPS has a contact closure
interface and that these values can't be read from the UPS.

Note that the fact that a UPS driver is able to read these values from one
UPS, doesn't mean that it will also do so for a different model that
happens to use the same driver. NUT also has drivers that support very
different UPS'es with a single driver and that auto-detects which is
connected.

> I haven't been able to do extensive testing, I was forced to install my
> second unit into production and walk away from it before I could get the
> UPSILON program running which supposedly did tell you thinkg like the
> Input Voltate, etc. I'm waiting on the 2nd unit (Replacing the first
> defective one) for over 2 weeks now. {Joys of Ebay!}

The fact that the first one is already broken speaks volumes for what you
can expect inside it.

Best regards, Arjen