[Nut-upsuser] powerware 5110 on ubuntu (feisty)

Feng Yuan fengyuan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:58:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm having trouble with nut running on feisty.

I have a powerware 5110 connected using USB

i did an "sudo lsusb -a" before and after i plugged in the powerware
usb cable and did a diff on the results of the two which was:

--
322c322
<    Port 2: 0000.0100 power
--

current ups.conf is:
--

did some diagnosis:
sudo /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb -DDDDD -a pw5110

debug level is '5'
Can't open POWERWARE USB device, retrying ...
Can't open POWERWARE USB device, retrying ...
Can't open POWERWARE USB device
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus

it's not finding the powerware.

I tried the powerware 5110 with win xp running the provided lansafe/drivers

My mate had same powerware 5110 running on gentoo and he was saying he
had to modify the bcmxcp_usb code because the Australian model of the
UPS was "different". unfortunately he's destroyed his gentoo box so i
can't access the code.

does anyone have any thoughts resolutions about this issue?
--
Kind Regards,

Feng