[Nut-upsuser] powerware 5110 on ubuntu (feisty)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 16:51:21 UTC 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Feng Yuan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with nut running on feisty.
>
> I have a powerware 5110 connected using USB
>
> i did an "sudo lsusb -a" before and after i plugged in the powerware
> usb cable and did a diff on the results of the two which was:

Hmm, I get an error on feisty when I try to pass "-a" to lsusb.

> --
> 322c322
> <    Port 2: 0000.0100 power
> ---
>>    Port 2: 0001.0301 C_CONNECT lowspeed power connect
> --

You should see more than just this change. That means a device is
connected electrically to the port, but you should see an entry
describing the device.

(Also, this is just personal preference, but please use "diff -u" to
show more of what is going on.)

What does dmesg say about this device?

--
Charles Lepple