[Nut-upsuser] Need help with Unitek Alpha 1200sx.

Joseph Borg juu.borg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:19:14 UTC 2008

No luck unfortunately :-(

-------------------
[myups]
        driver = megatec_usb
        port = auto
        bus=001
        vendorid = 0f03
        productid = 0001
        subdriver = agiler
        desc = "Unitek Alpha 1200sx"
-------------------
[root at www www]# /sbin/upsdrvctl -DD start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.0-
Starting UPS: myups
exec: /sbin/megatec_usb -a myups
Network UPS Tools 2.2.0- - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.4 [megatec_usb]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver [megatec_usb]

No supported devices found. Please check your device availability with
'lsusb'
and make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not help,
try running the driver with at least 'vendorid' and 'subdriver' options
specified. Please refer to the man page for details about these options
(man 8 megatec_usb).
Please report your results to the NUT user's mailing list
<nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.
I've also tried changing the subdriver with no luck. The other options I
specified I *think* are ok from the lsusb output.

The strange thing is that this fails really fast...it's as though it's not
even trying to detect the ups....

Joe