[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C100-UNV and "-x wait"

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Jan 18 22:47:58 UTC 2008

I recently installed NUT 2.2.1 and set it up with a Belkin F6C100-UNV.

I can monitor it via serial (belkinunv) or USB (usbhid-ups) cable, and
both do seem to work fine, but I would prefer USB to avoid having to add a
PCI serial card to the machine.  I had to unplug something else to try it
with a serial cable.

Using 'belkinunv', there's a "-x wait" option:

[ from it's man page ]

   One problem with the Belkin Universal UPS is that  it  cannot  enter  a
   soft  shutdown  (shut  down the load until AC power returns) unless the
   batteries are completely depleted. Thus, one cannot just shut  off  the
   UPS  after operating system shutdown; it will not come back on when the
   power comes back on. Therefore, the belkinunv driver  should  never  be
   used  with  the -k option. Instead, the -x wait option is provided as a
   workaround.

Is there an equivalent to "-x wait" when using the same UPS with the
'usbhid-ups' driver?

Thanks,
   Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA