[Nut-upsuser] Tripp lite SMART1000LCD

Karl Dalen k_dal2 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:08:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if Tripp lite SMART1000LCD is working in nut or
what code I should change to get it to work. I saw some
older posts about this model and the OMNI1000 LCD but the model
I have has a different product ID, 2007 vs. 2005:

Device descriptor: VID:09ae, PID:2007
  Device release:0x10, USB release:0x110
  Descriptor Length:18, Type:1
  Device Class:0, Subclass:0, Protocol:0, Num Cfgs:1
  Max packet size for end point zero= 8

This model is supposed to be fully HID PD class compliant.
Should I use the usbhid-ups  or  tripplite_usb driver ?

HID descriptor:
  Descriptor Length:9, Type:33
  Hid Class spec release: 110
  Country Code: 0 (FYI 33 = US)
  Number of class descriptors: 1
  Class descriptor type: 34
  Total size of Report Descriptor: 2049

Don't know what I was doing wrong in reading the
HID descriptor (using  another application)  but
I got the length 2049, which does not match the true
length of the report descriptor (601) I get when reading it.

Report descriptor:
x 5 x84 x 9 x 4 xa1 x 1 x 9 x24 xa1 x 2 x 5 x84 x85 x28 x 9 xfe x75 x 8
x95 x 1 x26 xff x 0 x15 x 0 xb1 x 3 x85 x29 x 9 xff xb1 x 3 x85 x2b x 9
x85 x17 x 9 x55 xb1 x82 xc0 xc0 xc0

Any help would be appreciated.

/Karl D