[Nut-upsuser] Tripp lite SMART1000LCD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:11:44 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 3:08 PM, Karl Dalen <k_dal2 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> This model is supposed to be fully HID PD class compliant.
> Should I use the usbhid-ups  or  tripplite_usb driver ?

usbhid-ups

The code in the trunk looks like it should recognize both 0x2005 as
well as 0x2007 for the USB product ID. Which version of NUT are you
using?

> HID descriptor:
>   Descriptor Length:9, Type:33
>   Hid Class spec release: 110
>   Country Code: 0 (FYI 33 = US)
>   Number of class descriptors: 1
>   Class descriptor type: 34
>   Total size of Report Descriptor: 2049
>
> Don't know what I was doing wrong in reading the
> HID descriptor (using  another application)  but
> I got the length 2049, which does not match the true
> length of the report descriptor (601) I get when reading it.

There are two ways of getting the report descriptor: one is to fetch
it explicitly, and the other is to look for it embedded after the
interface descriptor. The code used by usbhid-ups (drivers/libusb.c)
checks both methods, and picks the one that looks most  likely. (You
can see this in the debug messages if you pass several "-D" flags on
the command line.)

--
- Charles Lepple