[Nut-upsuser] Tripp lite SMART1000LCD

Karl Dalen k_dal2 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:53:40 UTC 2008

Charles,

Thanks for your information.
I've just compiled the latest NUT version nut-2.2.1.
When I plug in the USB cable from the ups it looks like
the device does not get recognized at all in the system.
Shouldn't there be some log info in /var/syslog or dmesg
when a device is plugged in? There was nothing there.
I'm running Linux kernel,  2.6.17 (mandriva 2007)

# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.1
Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.32 (2.2.1)

No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Am I missing some usb utility needed for hid devices to  work in Linux ?
My usb keyboard and mouse do work.

% rpm -qa | grep usb
libusb0.1_4-0.1.12-2mdv2007.0
libusb0.1_4-static-devel-0.1.12-2mdv2007.0
usbutils-0.72-1mdk
libusb0.1_4-devel-0.1.12-2mdv2007.0

% lsusb

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0430:0100 Sun Microsystems, Inc. 3-button Mouse
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0430:0005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. Type 6 Keyboard
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

ups.conf
[SMART1000LCD]