[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse Max 1100 configuration question

Chris Cohen kildau-ml at gmx.de
Mon Jun 2 15:55:45 UTC 2008

On Monday 02 June 2008 17:44:57 you wrote:
> > see attached trace.gz.
> > UPS went off, but I traced from a machine nut beeing backed up so
> > you can see how the ups gets back up I think.
>
> I see at least five 'Full update...' and dozens of 'Quick update...'.
> Unless you specified some insanely small values for 'pollfreq' and
> 'pollinterval' this should be much longer than 5-10 seconds.
>
> The end of the trace shows that the driver is killed by signal 15.
> This is *not* caused by the driver itself, but by another process.

Yes, I rebooted that machine to connect it back on the ups power.

> Could it be you didn't configure enough (or any at all) power in
> upsmon.conf? In order to debug this, make sure that there is *no*
> upsd server running on the system during testing.

Oh, uhm.. well :)
This is what I have in upsmon.conf:
# Generated by MGE Office Protection Systems - Personal Solution Pac
(mgeops-psp, version 3.0.7)

MONITOR mgeups at localhost 1 monuser mgepass master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
NOTIFYCMD /sbin/upssched
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 15
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK IGNORE
NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD IGNORE

RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
FINALDELAY 5

The file was genereated by psp and worked just fine on the other pc.

--
Thanks
Chris