[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse Max 1100 configuration question

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 3 07:20:04 UTC 2008

>> The end of the trace shows that the driver is killed by signal 15.
>> This is *not* caused by the driver itself, but by another process.
> Yes, I rebooted that machine to connect it back on the ups power.

But during the attached trace the UPS rebooted it's output, right? It
doesn't look like anything is connected though (load percentage is just
3%), so I wonder if (and how) you checked that the output was shutdown.
There is one really weird thing in this trace. Just after startup, the
remaining capacity is 100%, then is reported as 71% once and after that as
100% again. This could be due to an inverter check of the device (which is
not uncommon), but it could also be due to an overload on the output of
the UPS.

If you run this test, make sure there is a load attached to the UPS. It
could be failing under (heavy) load. Double check that you don't overload
the device. Although the rating on the label states 1100VA, the maximum
load you can attach is just 660W. This should be enough to power a small
server, but is probably not enough for more than one or additional
devices. Also, in order to rule out problems with EMI, do not hotplug any
USB connector and make sure that the earth (yellow/green) connection is
not interrupted.

Best regards, Arjen