[Nut-upsuser] [nut-hal-drivers] Battery level is not correct for Ippon Back Comfo Pro UPS with Megatec protocol.

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:15:49 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to get my UPS working with nut-hal-drivers, and it seems be detected
correctly with Megatec protocol, but it provides wrong battery level.

I read that I can use battvolts option to fix this problem, but HAL version of
nut does not come with any config files. So, I'm guess it should be somehow
fixed in sources?

Parameters of Ippon Back Comfo Pro 800:
VA = 800
max battery voltage = 13.0V
min battery voltage = 10.4V

These values are taken from great ippon_ups.dll driver for Windows, written
by Alexey Ilyin, which I used for this UPS under my WinXP. It also have
parameters for other Ippon and some Mustek and Sven UPSes. I think
it would be great to add all of them to nut.

PS I'm trying to use nat-hal-drivers 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7 amd64 from Ubuntu Hardy.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.

SIPez LLC.