[Nut-upsuser] Can't make Smart-UPS 1500 shutdown over serial

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 12 10:30:56 UTC 2008

Citeren Jon Povey <Jon.Povey at racelogic.co.uk>:

> I have some more information. I ran the driver with lots of debug
> output, inlined below with most of the repeated polling output removed,
> please say if you'd like a complete log.

It probably won't be of any help. The maintainer of the 'apcsmart'
driver retired from active development a long time ago, so unless
you're willing to take over his task, this won't help much. As far as
I know, none of the active developers has an APC SmartUPS available.

[...]

> I started apcsmart, then rest of the nut system, and tried various
> upscmd shutdown.return|load.off commands. The first few failed, but then
> a load.off and load.on did work.
>
> I see the [NA] responses and "outside window" reports, which makes me
> think I have a comms problem?

That could be, but I honestly don't know for sure. Some commands will
require repeating them within a 3..15 seconds window in order to be
accepted by the driver.

> I am a Linux C developer myself so can maybe help try to track this
> down. If I don't hear anything back from the list this week I suppose
> I'll try installing the latest nut from sources and see if that's any
> different.

Installing the latest source is usually a good idea, although I doubt
this will bring you much further in this case. See above, the apcsmart
driver is not getting much of the developers attention. We will apply
patches that are sent to the nut-devel mailinglist (you may wish to
subscribe to that). If you're willing to be the maintainer of this
driver, please do tell us.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list