[Nut-upsuser] Delta UPS boxes

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Sep 2 22:01:39 UTC 2008

Den Tuesday 02 September 2008 20.11.28 skrev Jerome BENOIT:
> Hello !
Hi Jerome

> On the manual and the box, I read:
>
> Delta GES N-Series 6kva (on line series)
>
> On the other hand, upsc gives
>
> ups.mfr: BELKIN
This depends on the driver. If the request for manufacturer
fails to return anything, it set's it to BELKIN.

> ups.model: GES602N
This is OK.

> ups.firmware: 5015307704
Strange firmware number.

Is the rest of the upsc command OK ?
Like voltages, runtime, current, status e.t.c..

> > Also make sure that the shutdown is working.
>
> upsdrvctl shutdown
>
> shutdowns the UPS box.

Yep, Sorry but I was referring to when you pull the mains, and
check if it goes to OB and if it signalling OB LB and start a
shutdown on your system. We need to know that the ups
is giving the right status to the driver.

> Nevertheless, it seems that I can not set the UPS fsd,
> so the Debian init NUT script does not poweroff the UPS box.

Hmm, this is the way it should work.
And this is what happens when you do and FSD.
If the main's is failing it would go to battery. When the battery goes to
LB (Low Battery) it start to shutdown the system. Then it power of the ups.

It set the ups in something called shutdown.return. It power off the ups
to save the battery, then power it on when the main's return (after
delay or charge level) So the computer should be set to 'last state' in
the bios for 'state after power loss'.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions on the list, we are here to help you get
things going the way you whant.

We run many different dist's, think Arnaud is best on the Debian side.
I run Gentoo.

Regards
Kjell