[Nut-upsuser] (no subject)

Lelsie Rhorer lrhorer at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 2 02:54:37 UTC 2009

Gentlemen,

            I am running a Tripp Lite OMNISV1500XL under NUT using the
tripplite_usb driver on a Debian "Lenny" Linux system.  The platform is an
AMD Athlon 64 x 2 processor running kernel 2.6.26.  The driver is up and
running, but there are several issues.

            First, the system drops communications with the UPS regularly -
typically 2 or three times an hour.  I've worked around this by running a
script which checks every few seconds to make sure the UPS driver is
on-line, and if not restarts NUT.  I do not observe this behavior when I
boot Windows XP Pro 64 on the system.

            Secondly, the reported voltages are all incorrect.  I measured
them with an accurate voltmeter, and the Input Voltage is typically around
120V, the Output Voltage is 122V, and the Battery Voltage at full charge is
26V.  Running under Windows, the system confirms these values.  Under the
Linux driver, however, the system is reporting an Input Voltage of around
113V, an Output Voltage of 114V, and a fully charged Battery Voltage of
14.6V.