[Nut-upsuser] ordered shutdown

Marco Chiappero marco at absence.it
Mon Feb 9 17:35:31 UTC 2009

Gabor Gombas ha scritto:
[...]
> And "centralized" is a very important keyword here; having
> to modify upssched scripts on dozens of machines when the plan changes
> is a real PITA.

I agree, and that's the reason why I said there is a need for a
director. It takes care about settings and actions, clients should only
obey and possibly show UPS informations. It's also a metter of role: the
system managing the UPS is the only one that should decide and control
who can keep running and for how long, not the server administrator (and
maybe you're not even the server owner or admin)!
This should also make the powershare feature easier to implement since
the computer controlling the UPS knows everything.

Regards,
Marco Chiappero