[Nut-upsuser] ordered shutdown

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Feb 14 21:03:39 UTC 2009

Citeren Marco Chiappero <marco op absence.it>:

>> You're wrong. :-)
> I don't think so :-)

Yes you are. :-)

> Yesterday I had a try with my windows laptop. Here you can see how it
> works: http://i43.tinypic.com/2n20778.png

You can configure NUT to shutdown at a certain battery.charge too,
with the UPS you're using, that's what I have been telling you a
couple of times already. Go read 'man upsrw' and fire it up for your
UPS. You'll find that you can freely configure the
'battery.charge.low' on it.

> You can set the "low battery" level as a lower bound, so you have a
> low_battery - full_battery interval where you can freely "place" a time
> point, on different basis, which start the shutdown procedure. That's
> what I'd call freedom of choice, I can choose what event should trigger
> the shutdown and when (without recurring to external utilities), you
> just have not to be in low battery yet. It is something important that
> many software already have.

NUT has it too for devices (including yours) that support setting this.

> Moreover I'd like to choose, in this low_battery - full battery range,
> when to powerdown different systems, still on different basis.

This won't work with MGE PSP either, so the comparison doesn't hold here.

> However, the solution you wrote about is fine, so let's wait for
> implementation.

Which is for a totally different thing we're talking about. Please
don't mix up configuration of battery.charge.low (which is already
supported) and multiple shutdown levels for different outputs (which
currently isn't supported). The example you're giving here, has
nothing to do with ordered shutdowns.

> Thank you again, but I have read every single piece of documentation
> aviable, I'm just waiting for the features I need ;-)

I beg to differ here... :-(

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list