[Nut-upsuser] Problem with APC SMART UPS 1000 (USB)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jul 14 20:47:17 UTC 2009

Citeren Sergey <S_S_N op MAIL.RU>:

[...]

> But, to switch off the electric power
> After 20 min:
> $upsc usb
> ..skip...
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.temperature: 36.8
> battery.voltage: 23.9
> input.voltage: 0.0
> output.voltage: 220.4
> ups.load: 24.7
> ups.status: OL
> ...skip...
> The ups.status and battery.charger have not changed the value.
> battery.voltage, ups.load, battery.temperature adequately react.
>
> After restoration electric power:
> $upsc usb
> ..skip...
> battery.charge: 52
> battery.temperature: 39.1
> battery.voltage: 26.2
> input.voltage: 217.4
> output.voltage: 217.4
> ups.load: 26.6
> ups.status: OL
> ...skip...
> The battery.charge and input.voltage show correct values.

Apparently, your UPS doesn't update the reported battery charge, until
the power is restored. There is nothing we can do about that.

The only thing that worries me here a little, is that the status
doesn't change from OL to OB when the mains is interrupted. This means
that there may be a conflict between the two HID paths that feed this
status:

	UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ACPresent
	UPS.PowerSummary.ACPresent

You could help diagnosing this, buy running the driver in debug mode through

	/path/to/usbhid-ups -DD -a upsname

Disconnect the mains and let it run until the load is switched off.
We're only interested in the above two HID paths, so please only post
the relevant lines from the output.

> P.S. Probably the driver not truly reads out a condition my ups.

It does, otherwise the other values wouldn't change either.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list