[Nut-upsuser] Status of nut snmp SUBagent

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:07:20 UTC 2009

2009/7/15, Marc Franquesa <marc.franquesa at gmail.com>:
> Hi!.

Hi Marc,

> I recently installed NUT on my servers to monitor a Eaton Ellipse UPS.

a good choice ;-)

> Now I'm planning my next step: Monitor the UPS status with cacti using
> snmp. I see that there was a nut snmp subagent (I'm not talking about
> the nut-snmp driver)
> (http://www.networkupstools.org/server-projects/). But the current
> link doesn't work (404).

the first link is still on an old host that I've moved away since.
the links below were mirroring this, but I realize that I've not moved
these content since I'm gone from MGE *UPS*
anyway, cacti or Nagios (and some more) provide a clean NUT
integration that doesn't require SNMP (the NUT protocol is
sufficient).

anyway, the website full rewrite (linked to the doc rewrite) has
progressed a bit.
slowly without ESR's help, but I'm starting the get the AsciiDoc thing in hand.

> I haven't found anything about it in the web. ¿Is this project abandoned?

well, let's say that it was a try, but mostly due to the lack of user
needs, and to my lack of time, this is postponed... indefinitely.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops