[Nut-upsuser] Any word on when the ietf mib will be fixed for liebert?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jul 29 18:24:14 UTC 2009

Citeren Maurice Volaski <mvolaski op aecom.yu.edu>:

>>> upslogx(LOG_ERR, "[%s] %s: Error in packet: %s",
>>
>> This is a different message from what you reported before. These
>> where logged with 'nut_snmp_get' in them and these lines should now
>> be gone
>> (unless running in debug mode 2 or higher).
>
> What message do you think I posted?
>
> It was this one and it has the "Error in packet":
>
> [upswallleft] nut_snmp_get: 1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.4.1.4.0: Error in
> packet: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.

I stand corrected, I looked at a different location where an identical
(!) message is logged. Gotta change that one, because that's downright
confusing. A fixed version is now available in the SVN trunk, that
will correct this.

[...]

> Where exactly do see any mention of "debug" or "warning"?

Nowhere. You're absolutely right.

[...]

> No, there was only one set of messages that prompted me to post and
> they were reported as errors and they are indeed being continuously
> output to the system log.

Well, we do use rate limiting here (and will log only once every 100
errors after the initial 10), but with the given amount of queries
(and failing), I agree this will still be quite often.

Unless what I expected, we do keep querying these non-existent OID's,
so the better solution would be to check on startup if they are
supported by the UPS (like we do for the usbhid-ups in a similar
fashion). I'm sorry for misleading you here.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list