[Nut-upsuser] Need help identifying UPS for use with NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:38:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Diederik Hattingh
<diederikjhattingh at gmail.com> wrote:
> blaser_usb gave me
> /lib/nut/blazer_usb -DDD -a UPS1
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.03 (2.4.1)

Just to clarify Arnaud's suggestion, the *_usb drivers only apply if
the UPS itself has a USB connection - we typically do not ship drivers
for USB-to-serial converters since the OS (kernel) usually handles
that.

> I took some more photos of the inside of the UPS. Would it help to post
> them?

I haven't seen the inside of any other WinPower-compatible units...
couldn't hurt to post them, but I don't know if it will shed much more
light on this.

I'm guessing it's related to the USB-to-serial converter - if
possible, try to find another brand so that if it's a kernel bug,
you're using a different part of the driver code.

--
- Charles Lepple