[Nut-upsuser] two MGE Ellipse 1500 ups via usb

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 16 08:31:02 UTC 2009

Citeren Thomas Gutzler <thomas.gutzler op gmail.com>:

>>> They're also on the same bus ('Bus 003 Device 063' and 'Bus 003 Device
>>> 064')
>>> Since there is no flag for manufacturer,
>> There is. See 'man 8 usbhid-ups' for all regular expressions that you
>> can use to identify units.
> I did that, but all I could find was vendor, product, serial, vendorid,
> productid and bus. I was assuming that those correspond to idVendor (the
> string), iProduct, iSerial, idVendor (the hex number), idProduct and Bus
> in lsusb -v.

Ah, now I understand the confusion. There actually is no idVendor
(string) field in USB. There is iManufacturer which is used by the
'vendor' regular expression.

[...]

> On a slightly related note.
> Is it possible to configure two different SHUTDOWNCMDs for two different
> UPSs?

Could you explain why you think you need this? The SHUTDOWNCMD is used
to bring down the host 'upsmon' is running on. It makes no sense to
make this different depening on which UPS is critical. The host should
either be shutdown or not (depending on whether or not the total
powervalue available is enough).

I have the feeling that you're trying to abuse this command to do
something that really should be done through 'upssched' instead.
Please explain in detail what you are trying to do.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list