[Nut-upsuser] ULTRA 2000 ULT33046 configuration

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 23:49:10 UTC 2009

On Nov 20, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> Citeren JW Simpson <john at swajime.com>:
>
>>        # # lsusb -vd 0d9f:0002|sed -ne '/^\w/p;/\bi/p'
>>        # Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0d9f:0002 Powercom Co., Ltd
>>        # Device Descriptor:
>>        #   idVendor           0x0d9f Powercom Co., Ltd
>>        #   idProduct          0x0002
>>        #   iManufacturer           1 POWERCOM CO., LTD.
>>        #   iProduct                2 USB to Serial
>>        #   iSerial                 0
>>        #     iConfiguration          4 Sample HID
>>        #       iInterface              0
>>        # Device Status:     0x0000
>>
>>        # compatibility:
>>        http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html
>
> This device should be supported by the 'powercom' driver (see 'man 8
> powercom' for options that may need to be provided in 'ups.conf'),
> provided cypress_m8 in your kernel is recent enough to recognize the
> build in USB to serial converter. If it is, you should point the
> 'port' to the /dev/ttyUSBx port that is created when the device is
> plugged in.

JW,

So is the long /dev/serial/by-id path a symlink to /dev/ttyUSB0?

If that is the case, then it sounds like you're on the right track,
and you only need to adjust the driver to the one that Arjen suggested.

Do you know roughly when this unit was manufactured? (Based on the
HCL, I would have guessed megatec as well, but the "ULT" entry there
might only be for older units.)