[Nut-upsuser] ULTRA 2000 ULT33046 configuration

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 14:34:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>
>> If that is the case, then it sounds like you're on the right track, and
>> you only need to adjust the driver to the one that Arjen suggested.
>>
>> Do you know roughly when this unit was manufactured? (Based on the HCL, I
>> would have guessed megatec as well, but the "ULT" entry there might only be
>> for older units.)
>
> We've seen reports about this device before (search the NUT archives for
> '0d9f:0002'), some almost three years ago. There also have been some
> discussions about adding this VID:PID combination to cypress_m8 (Google is
> your friend).

Arjen,

Now that you mention the cypress_m8 driver again, I remember that, but
I also don't put much stock in VID:PID combinations these days, since
it is becoming more common for companies to "borrow" them from other
well-known companies.

I'm thinking that the year it was manufactured might be a concise
discriminator to put in the HCL.

--
- Charles Lepple