[Nut-upsuser] ULTRA 2000 ULT33046 configuration

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Nov 21 20:16:13 UTC 2009

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> Now that you mention the cypress_m8 driver again, I remember that, but
> I also don't put much stock in VID:PID combinations these days, since
> it is becoming more common for companies to "borrow" them from other
> well-known companies.

This VID:PID is probably used in many PowerCOM devices, to give older
RS-232 designs USB connectivity. A neat solutions, as long as there
are drivers to create a /dev/ttyUSBx port on the host. But of course
it won't tell you anything about the underlying serial protocol that
is used. Powercom seems to have used both 'megatec' and what we now
call 'powercom'.

> I'm thinking that the year it was manufactured might be a concise
> discriminator to put in the HCL.

Someone posted a usbsnoop log file to this list (for the same ULT33046
type) on Jan 2nd this year. This very much looked like the protocol
that is used by the 'powercom' driver, so I think this should be the
correct one.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list