[Nut-upsuser] USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usbhid-ups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 25 13:12:58 UTC 2009

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev op gmail.com>:

> for the system load, I still have to do a powertop pass and some more
> tuning to improve the driver.

We might also want to spread out the full polls, so that they are not
sent one after the other. So instead of doing either a quick or full
poll, it might be better to grab a few variables with each quick poll
in a round robin fashion. This would reduce the peak load on the UPS.

> but Arjen has (will) also started to work on the libusb 1.0 support,
> which should improve the things a bit.

Well, that depends. Looking at the reply Charles gave me on adding
dynamically adding file descriptors to poll:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2009-November/004259.html

it may take some time before libusb-1.0 is common on the platforms we
support. Since making use of the asynchronous I/O requires essentially
rebuilding the whole driver, this may be too soon.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list