[Nut-upsuser] troubleshooting UPS ups at localhost is unavailable

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:14:12 UTC 2009

2009/11/30 raf <nut at raf.org>:
> hi,

Hi Raf,

> i've just set up two new computers each with a Powerware 3105 ups.
> they have identical nut configurations and identical upss which
> are both plugged in via usb but only one is being detected by nut.
> the other keeps saying:
>
>  Broadcast Message from nut at server-1
>          (somewhere) at 14:52 ...
>  UPS ups at localhost is unavailable
> (...)

everything seems fine there.
I've recently made several changes and improvements on this driver
(the USB one) and would be interested in a driver debug output, ie:
$ /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb -DDD -a ups

according to these info, I'll be able to give you a solution.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops