[Nut-upsuser] nut is not working anymore after nut and kernel update

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:51:05 UTC 2009

Hi Hubert,

2009/9/24 Hubert Krause <hubert.krause at inform-ac.com>

> Hello,
>
> after an update I've got troubles with nut. It is not able to connect via
> usb
> to our UPS anymore.  I dont know wether it is the nut update or the
> kernelupdate or both. In any case, it is difficult to get new rpms for
> CentOS. So if someone has an Idea, what I can try to solve this Problem:
> please help.
>
> Atached are relevant information.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Hubert Krause
>
> My versions:
>
> Kernel:
> 2.6.18-164.el5
>
> last working Kernel version:
> 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5
>
> OS Version:
> CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
>
> nut version:
> nut 2.2.0 6.el5
>
> Hardware is an APC Smart UPS 3000 RM
>
> dmesg is telling:
>
> drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: control queue full

Unable to get Report descriptor (-110): Connection timed out

this vaguely recall me something, but I can't find any trace.
iirc, this was a USB bug fixed in a later kernel release.

the only way to confirm is to either try the older kernel, or a newer.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops