[Nut-upsuser] Selftest intervall, APC Smart-UPS 750 RM

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 12:00:39 UTC 2009

2009/9/2 Markus Wildi <wildi.markus at bluewin.ch>

> Hello Arnaud

Hi Markus,

thanks for having cc'ed the list ;-)

> I compiled the source of nut-2.4.1 and you'll
> find the output of usbhid-ups -D -a apcsmart
> below.
>
> The UPS did regularly report a self-test while
> running under apcupsd. It reports in addition
> e.g. the last reason for a on battery event.

if apcupsd can do it, NUT can do it too ;-)

the last self test report should already be available through
ups.test.result (linked to the HID path UPS.Battery.Test, with the current
value "No test initiated").

I've just commited a patch that adds:
- input.transfer.reason
- input.sensitivity (which is settable)

can you test the development version (Subversion trunk, r1952) to validate
this.
Some helpful info are available here:
http://buildbot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/docs/r1950-97/website/download.html

please send back an upsc output too.

if you still see differences with apcupsd, please tell me back. It's quite
possible that I've missed something more about how APC units work.

 (...)

thanks for these data.

cheers,
Arnaud