[Nut-upsuser] Selftest intervall, APC Smart-UPS 750 RM

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:22:30 UTC 2009

2009/9/3 Markus Wildi <wildi.markus at bluewin.ch>

> Hello  Arnaud

Hi Markus,

> I checked out and compiled r1952.
>
> Find below the answers,
>
> bye wildi
>

> On Thursday 03 September 2009 14:00:39 you wrote:
> > 2009/9/2 Markus Wildi <wildi.markus at bluewin.ch>
> >
> > > Hello Arnaud
> >
> > Hi Markus,
> >
> > thanks for having cc'ed the list ;-)
> It was my fault, this time it appears on the list.
>
> > > I compiled the source of nut-2.4.1 and you'll
> > > find the output of usbhid-ups -D -a apcsmart
> > > below.
> > >
> > > The UPS did regularly report a self-test while
> > > running under apcupsd. It reports in addition
> > > e.g. the last reason for a on battery event.
> >
> > if apcupsd can do it, NUT can do it too ;-)
>
> Yes, indeed :-))
>
> > the last self test report should already be available through
> > ups.test.result (linked to the HID path UPS.Battery.Test, with the
> current
> > value "No test initiated").
> Here the result (see the whole output below):
>   0.379454     Path: UPS.Battery.Test, Type: Input, ReportID: 0x16, Offset:
> 0, Size: 8, Value: 6.000000
>    0.379961     Path: UPS.Battery.Test, Type: Feature, ReportID: 0x16,
> Offset:
> 0, Size: 8, Value: 6.000000
>

> > I've just commited a patch that adds:
> > - input.transfer.reason
> > - input.sensitivity (which is settable)
>
> I see only the  variable input.sensitivity  (see below). With upsrw I see
> [battery.charge.low]
> [battery.runtime.low]
> [input.sensitivity]
> [ups.delay.shutdown]

perfect. the sensitivity is settable.

> can you test the development version (Subversion trunk, r1952) to validate
> > this.
> > Some helpful info are available here:
> > http://buildbot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/docs/r1950-97/website/download.html<http://buildbot.ghz.cc/%7Ebuildbot/docs/r1950-97/website/download.html>
> >
> > please send back an upsc output too.
>

> obsvermes:/etc/init.d # /usr/local/ups/bin/upsc  apcsmart at localhost
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.charge.low: 10
> battery.charge.warning: 50
> battery.mfr.date: 2006/06/30
> battery.runtime: 2160
> battery.runtime.low: 120
> battery.temperature: 21.1
> battery.type: PbAc
> battery.voltage: 27.4
> battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
> device.mfr: American Power Conversion
> device.model: Smart-UPS 750 RM
> device.serial: AS0627130223
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/hiddev0
> driver.version: 2.4.1-1952M
> driver.version.data: APC HID 0.93
> driver.version.internal: 0.34
> input.sensitivity: high
> input.voltage: 234.7
> output.voltage: 234.7
> output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
> ups.beeper.status: disabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 20
> ups.firmware: 619.3.I
> ups.firmware.aux: 8.1
> ups.load: 31.2
> ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
> ups.mfr.date: 2006/06/30
> ups.model: Smart-UPS 750 RM
> ups.productid: 0002
> ups.serial: AS0627130223
> ups.status: OL
> ups.test.result: No test initiated
> ups.timer.reboot: -1
> ups.timer.shutdown: -1
> ups.vendorid: 051d

it's strange that we don't see input.transfer.reason!

> > if you still see differences with apcupsd, please tell me back. It's
> quite
> > possible that I've missed something more about how APC units work.

is the test result coherent with what you see in apcupsd or powerchute?

> (...)
> 0.882610     Path: UPS.Input.APCLineFailCause, Type: Feature, ReportID:
> 0x21, Offset: 0, Size: 8, Value: 5.000000

strange indeed. the data is there, and now know.

I've made a minor fix (r1955).
please test it and tell me back if input.transfer.reason appears now.
otherwise, please send me back a debug level 5 output of the driver, ie
using -DDDDD

cheers,
Arnaud
--