[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite_usb Driver fail on OMNIVS1500

Chris Abel cabel at wildwood.edu
Tue Sep 8 19:01:23 UTC 2009

I did manage to get tripplite_usb and upsdrvctl working with different
tags in ./configure, but I still do not think it is correct. This is my
output for tripplite_usb -DDDDD -a ups1:
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS / SMARTPRO driver 0.20 (2.4.1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

send_to_all: SETINFO driver.parameter.port "auto"
debug level is '5'
Can't chdir to /var/run/nut --with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut: No such file
or directory

This is my output for upsdrvctl start:
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS / SMARTPRO driver 0.20 (2.4.1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

Can't chdir to /var/run/nut --with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut: No such file
or directory
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

It seems that whenever I specify a different directory in a ./confgure tag
it does not get applied right.

Thanks for helping thus far.