[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite_usb Driver fail on OMNIVS1500

Chris Abel cabel at wildwood.edu
Wed Sep 9 13:38:16 UTC 2009

Alright, I'm geting some where! Found out that the mac terminal does some
weird things with tabs and you cannot tab in it. I switched to linux and
all is well. This is what I receive when I try to start the driver with
tripplite_usb:
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS / SMARTPRO driver 0.20 (2.4.1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

Error: UPS [Tripp-Lite] is for driver usbhid-ups, but I'm tripplite_usb!

This is what I receive when I try to start the usbhid-ups driver:
Checking device (09AE/0001) (001/002)

- VendorID: 09ae

- ProductID: 0001

- Manufacturer: TRIPP LITE

- Product: TRIPP LITE UPS

- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
This Tripp Lite device (09ae/0001) is not supported by usbhid-ups.
Please use the tripplite_usb driver instead.

This is what I receive when I am trying to start upsdrvctl with
tripplite_usb
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS / SMARTPRO driver 0.20 (2.4.1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

No matching USB/HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1

And this is what I receive when I try to start upsdrvctl with usbhid-ups:
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
This Tripp Lite device (09ae/0001) is not supported by usbhid-ups.
Please use the tripplite_usb driver instead.

No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
 Thanks for all the help guys. Now maybe I can help.