[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite_usb Driver fail on OMNIVS1500

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Sep 9 14:44:15 UTC 2009

Citeren Chris Abel <cabel op wildwood.edu>:

> Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS / SMARTPRO driver 0.20 (2.4.1)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> Error: UPS [Tripp-Lite] is for driver usbhid-ups, but I'm tripplite_usb!

You failed to update the 'ups.conf' file. You *must* set

     driver = tripplite_usb

in order for this to work. This is needed for starting multiple
drivers by upsdrvctl later on.

> This is what I receive when I try to start the usbhid-ups driver:
> Checking device (09AE/0001) (001/002)
>
> - VendorID: 09ae
>
> - ProductID: 0001
>
> - Manufacturer: TRIPP LITE
>
> - Product: TRIPP LITE UPS
>
> - Serial Number: unknown
> - Bus: 001
> Trying to match device
> This Tripp Lite device (09ae/0001) is not supported by usbhid-ups.
> Please use the tripplite_usb driver instead.

We told you a couple of times already, this device is not supported by
usbhid-ups (and never will either). Don't waste our time by repeatedly
posting attempts to use this driver.

Do as I told you before and run this driver with

     /path/to/tripplite_usb -DDDDD -u root -a upsname

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list