[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite_usb Driver fail on OMNIVS1500

Chris Abel cabel at wildwood.edu
Wed Sep 9 14:51:23 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> writes:
>We told you a couple of times already, this device is not supported by
>usbhid-ups (and never will either). Don't waste our time by repeatedly
>posting attempts to use this driver.
>
>Do as I told you before and run this driver with
>
>     /path/to/tripplite_usb -DDDDD -u root -a upsname

I am sorry if you feel I am wasting your time. The only reason I posted
the results of usbhid-ups is because thats what it told me to use. I see
my mistake now. When using the tripplite_usb driver I get the same thing:
Checking device (09AE/0001) (001/002)
- VendorID: 09ae
- ProductID: 0001
- Manufacturer: TRIPP LITE
- Product: TRIPP LITE UPS
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping

So it appears that this ups is not supported, correct?