[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite Eco Series UPS

Lindsey Chesnutt mrchesnutt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:31:58 UTC 2009

I purchased a TrippLite ECO550UPS from Amazon a few days ago thinking
I was going to use it for my Windows Media Center HTPC. I've since
changed my mind and decided to use Mythbuntu but it I can't get my UPS
working with nut. I've tried all of the tripplite drivers and the
usbhid-ups driver. The tripplite_usb and usbhid_ups output is listed
below. The tripplite and tripplitesu drivers gave me an "Unable to
open auto: No such file or directory".

My UPS isn't listed in the supported hardware documentation but I
thought I might get lucky and one of the drivers work anyways. Are
there any plans to add support? I'll happily get whatever information
is needed.

Thanks!
Lindsey

output from  /lib/nut/tripplite_usb -DDDDD -a tripplite_usb -u root -x
productid=1008
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS / SMARTPRO driver 0.20 (2.4.1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

send_to_all: SETINFO driver.parameter.port "auto"
send_to_all: SETINFO driver.parameter.productid "1008"
debug level is '5'
Checking device (1D6B/0002) (001/001)
- VendorID: 1d6b
- ProductID: 0002
- Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.28-15-generic ehci_hcd
- Product: EHCI Host Controller
- Serial Number: 0000:00:04.1
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (413C/2001) (002/005)
- VendorID: 413c
- ProductID: 2001
- Manufacturer: NMB
- Product: Dell USB 7HK Keyboard
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (413C/1001) (002/004)
- VendorID: 413c
- ProductID: 1001
- Manufacturer: NMB
- Product: Dell USB Keyboard Hub
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (15C2/0038) (002/003)
- VendorID: 15c2
- ProductID: 0038
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (09AE/1008) (002/002)
- VendorID: 09ae
- ProductID: 1008
- Manufacturer: Tripp Lite
- Product: TRIPP LITE UPS
- Serial Number: FW-2368 B
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device matches
Detected a UPS: Tripp Lite /TRIPP LITE UPS
send_to_all: SETINFO ups.vendorid "09ae"
send_to_all: SETINFO ups.productid "1008"
send_cmd(msg_len=3, type='W')
send_cmd: sending  3a 57 00 a8 0d 00 00 00 '.W......'
libusb_set_report() returned -32 instead of 8
Could not reset watchdog. Please check andsee if usbhid-ups(8) works
with this UPS.
output from /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -DDDDD -a usbhid-ups -u root -x productid=1008
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
send_to_all: SETINFO driver.parameter.port "auto"
send_to_all: SETINFO driver.parameter.productid "1008"
debug level is '5'
upsdrv_initups...
[...]
This Tripp Lite device (09ae:1008) is not (or perhaps not yet) supported
by usbhid-ups. Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If
this does not fix the problem, try running the driver with the
'-x productid=1008' option. Please report your results to the NUT user's
mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (1D6B/0001) (002/001)
- VendorID: 1d6b
- ProductID: 0001
- Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.28-15-generic ohci_hcd
- Product: OHCI Host Controller
- Serial Number: 0000:00:04.0
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device