[Nut-upsuser] Things seem to be working but upscmd does nothing

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 15 09:05:15 UTC 2010

Citeren Richard <richard-nut op rain4us.net>:

> The nut ups daemons seem to be communicating with the UPS but upscmd
> gives me no joy.   Running commands do nothing and produce no output.

This is something that needs fixing in 'upscmd'. It erroneously
doesn't print the server response after sending off a command, which
is very confusing. I already fixed this in the development version a
couple of minutes ago.

> Using the web interface returns an authentication failure and that
> is the only clue I  have.  I believe I have everything setup
> correctly but it's not working.  Can someone review this and give me
> clues as to what I should research next?
>
> <ups.conf>
> [Hagrid]
>         driver = usbhid-ups
>         port = /dev/apcusb
>         product = "Smart-UPS 2200 XL FW:690.19.D USB FW:7.4"
>         serial = JS1005032730
>         desc = "Primary 2200XL with huge battery pack - the big guy"

Looks good.

> <upsmon.conf>
> MONITOR Hagrid op localhost 1 nutmon easy  master

Fine.

> <upsd.users>
> [nutmon]
>         password = easy
>         nutmon master           # or upsmon slave

If this is all there is in this file, you've missed setting up the
permitted instcmds and actions for this user. See 'man 5 upsd.users'
for an explanation. Failing to set this up, will default to not
allowing instcmds and variable settings at all.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)