[Nut-upsuser] Setting Battery Runtime Low

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Dec 16 13:16:17 UTC 2010

Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev op gmail.com>:

> indeed, and a full rewrite is also needed, to support the subdrivers
> approach as in usbhid-ups.

Yes. Although it would be possible to add the lookup (forward and
reverse) functions like in usbhid-ups (which would allow for better
conversion between IOD <-> NUT values), it would be much better to
start from scratch here.

>> Since I don't have a SNMP capable UPS, I can't really work on it other than
>> the occasional fix for an obvious problem.
> well, your NMC (in the evolution) is SNMP capable (beside the XML/HTTP
> channel).

Yes and no. It indeed does talk SNMP, but as far as I can see doesn't
support changing variables. The only method for changing the
'battery.runtime.low' parameter, is through the HTTP interface. I've
not been able to change a single variable through the SNMP interface.

> depending on your exact card reference and FW version, it will expose a
> minimum or full set of IETF + MGE MIBS.

Currently it reports

     Network Management Card V6.00 HB (SNMP)
     Network Management Card/Mosaic 4M 16M/HB (XML)

This is the latest firmware I could find for the NMC 66102 (technical
level 09).

> Arjen: if needed, I can also check to send you a more suitable card, but I
> know that you're already quite busy.

It would probably be easier to have access to a device with native
SNMP support. I don't need physical access to it, it's enough if I can
reach it through the net.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)