[Nut-upsuser] Using snmp for APC smarts

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 00:30:38 UTC 2010

On Jun 25, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Henk van Lingen wrote:

> in ups.conf. I can read the variables using upsc. However it seems,
> I can't actually execute  commands on the UPSses this way.
> ( upscmd  some-ups calibrate.start )

Some things I probably should have asked earlier:

1) Is this command actually listed in the output of "upscmd -l"?

2) Are you including the appropriate username/password parameters to
upscmd? (I see two spaces after upscmd, as though you removed your
username and password, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.)

3) Are there any log messages from upsd?

4) Does the calibration work if you manually run something like:
  "snmpset <host-and-community> PowerNet-
MIB::upsAdvTestRuntimeCalibration.0 i 2" ?
(if it does, you should be able to stop it by changing the "2" to a
"3").

I am CC'ing Arnaud in case he has additional debugging tips.