[Nut-upsuser] Using snmp for APC smarts

Henk van Lingen henk at vanlingen.net
Thu Jul 1 14:17:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 08:30:38PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Henk van Lingen wrote:
>
> >in ups.conf. I can read the variables using upsc. However it seems,
> >I can't actually execute  commands on the UPSses this way.
> >( upscmd  some-ups calibrate.start )
>
> Some things I probably should have asked earlier:
>
> 1) Is this command actually listed in the output of "upscmd -l"?

No, it lists no commands at all:

henk at swizzy:~-$ upscmd  -l snmp
Instant commands supported on UPS [snmp]:

henk at swizzy:~-$

Hence my initial question about any commands being available by the
way of the snmp driver.

> 2) Are you including the appropriate username/password parameters to
> upscmd? (I see two spaces after upscmd, as though you removed your
> username and password, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.)

No, but it asks for them, and I give the ones which i have in upsd.users:

henk at swizzy:~-$ upscmd snmp calibrate.start
Username (henk): ****
Password:
Instant command failed: Instant command not supported
henk at swizzy:~-$

> 3) Are there any log messages from upsd?

No.

Regards,