[Nut-upsuser] Using snmp for APC smarts

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 08:32:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

first of all, 2.2 releases are too old. If possible, try to update to a more
recent version.
that being said, the calibration code  was already present in 2.2.0

2010/7/2 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Henk van Lingen <henk at vanlingen.net>
> wrote:

> >> Some things I probably should have asked earlier:
> >>
> >> 1) Is this command actually listed in the output of "upscmd -l"?
> >
> > No, it lists no commands at all:
> >
> > henk at swizzy:~-$ upscmd  -l snmp
> > Instant commands supported on UPS [snmp]:
> >
> > henk at swizzy:~-$
> >
> > Hence my initial question about any commands being available by the
> > way of the snmp driver.
>
> Ah, OK. I wasn't sure if it was being listed as supported but not
> executing.
>
> There is definitely code in the apc-mib.c file that appears to support
> it, via the OID I mentioned:
>
> '4) Does the calibration work if you manually run something like:
>  "snmpset <host-and-community>
> PowerNet-MIB::upsAdvTestRuntimeCalibration.0 i 2" ?
> (if it does, you should be able to stop it by changing the "2" to a "3").'
>
> Again, Arnaud or someone else with more experience with that driver
> might be able to help troubleshoot this better.

I came to the same conclusion: the matching code is present.
so I need the answer to the above #4, along with an upsc output and the
driver's debug output:
/path/to/snmp-ups -?? -a <upsname>

cheers,
Arnaud