[Nut-upsuser] Scripts for monitoring NUT UPSes with Xymon

Bill Arlofski waa-nut at revpol.com
Mon Jul 19 14:12:57 UTC 2010

Hello everyone. I recently created a set of external scripts for the Xymon
Networking Monitor system to monitor and graph AC input voltage, AC output
voltage, battery charge %, battery voltage, and UPS Load % of UPSes managed
by the Network UPS tools (NUT) suite.

The scripts make use of the "upsc" program to poll the upsd daemon and report
the information back to the Xymon server for graphing and alerting.

For those who do not know, Xymon is an open-source network and systems
monitoring tool that is widely used. It may be found here:

http://xymon.sourceforge.net/

The latest versions of the xymon_nut_*.sh scripts, as well as instruction on
installing them may be found at http://www.revpol.com/xymon_nut_scripts

I hope these are useful to someone. :)

P.S.  I am not affiliated with the Xymon project in any way other than that I
recommend, install and support it at my clients' sites.

(A similar message was cross-posted to the Xymon users mailing list)

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC