[Nut-upsuser] Scripts for monitoring NUT UPSes with Xymon

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 16:48:23 UTC 2010

Hi Bill,

2010/7/23 Bill Arlofski wrote:

> On 07/23/10 04:39, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > 2010/7/19 Bill Arlofski
> >

> >     Hello everyone. I recently created a set of external scripts for the
> >     Xymon
> >     Networking Monitor system to monitor and graph AC input voltage, AC
> >     output
> >     voltage, battery charge %, battery voltage, and UPS Load % of UPSes
> >     managed
> >     by the Network UPS tools (NUT) suite.
> > --[snip]--
> >     I hope these are useful to someone. :)
> >

> > quite probably.
>
> :)
>
> > thanks for your contribution, I've added an entry to both the old and
> > new website, along with a news:
> > http://www.networkupstools.org/client-projects/
> > http://new.networkupstools.org/projects.html
>
> Thank you Arnaud!  I didn't think to ask about getting a link up there on
> those pages. I appreciate it.

it's part of the "thank you contributor" package.

> Note that I've used the name "Hobbit (Xymon) Monitor", since it seems to
> > be more matching the official name.
>
> About a year ago the JRR Tolkein people contacted the author of Hobbit
> claiming copyright violation etc and politely asking that the name be
> changed.
>
> The name "Hobbit" (Hobbitmon) was  recently officially changed to "Xymon"
> (pronounced like "Simon"). The Sourceforge page and mailing list was
> changed
> as recently as two weeks ago, and there is a lot of new development going
> on
> now - including the changing of "hobbit" to "xymon" everywhere in the
> documentation, source code, etc. So, soon the name "Hobbit" will be just a
> footnote in software history. :)
>
> Having both together like you did will help people looking for either, so
> that
> is fine, although since Xymon is now the official name, I might change that
> Xymon (Hobbit) Monitor but either will be found by search engines. :)

ok, I've permuted the words on both the current and the new website.
thanks for your clarifications.
And don't hesitate to ping me back when it's time to remove the Hobbit side.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops