[Nut-upsuser] Setting offdelay and ondelay in Smart-UPS 1500 RM units

Javier Miqueleiz javier at miqueleiz.com
Fri Nov 12 12:04:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:48:14AM +0100, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Javier Miqueleiz <javier at miqueleiz.com>:
>
> Thanks. It looks like we need to add the "UPS.Output." prefix to all
> "DelayBefore*" HID paths. I've committed a change to that effect to the
> development version. It also seems to have a couple of other variables that
> might be useful, but those will require some debugging to find out their
> exact meaning (for instance, UPS.Output.APCDelayBeforeStartup and
> UPS.Output.APCDelayBeforeShutdown). Let us know if you're interested in
> devoting some time to find this out.

I experimented a bit with those during my tests. I think you really mean
UPS.Output.APCShutdownAfterDelay (it's quite easy to get confused with all
those names).

Seem to be minimum delays (in seconds) when powering on
(UPS.Output.APCDelayBeforeStartup) and off (UPS.Output.APCShutdownAfterDelay)
the load.

They persist power cycles of the unit. And even battery disconnection. So I
suppose they are probably stored in a NVRAM.

The UPS applies some kind of rounding (to 60 seconds I would guess) to both. So
a value of 10 for UPS.Output.APCShutdownAfterDelay will make the UPS wait at
least 60 seconds when turning the load off.

They set the minimum delays. i.e. if you send a load.off with a 120-second
delay, and UPS.Output.APCShutdownAfterDelay is 10 seconds, the UPS will wait
those 120 seconds for powering off the load.

I'm of course willing to perform more tests. ;)

Regards,

> Best regards, Arjen
> --
> Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)

---- Javier Miqueleiz <javier.PLEASE.DONT at SEND.ME.SPAM.miqueleiz.com> ----------

  "There's nothing to it. You just have to press the right keys with the right
    force at the right time, and the organ will produce the nicest music all
     by itself."