[Nut-upsuser] how normal is this temporary power loss for a single UPS?

Jon Bendtsen jbendtsen at laerdal.dk
Mon Nov 15 16:56:34 UTC 2010

Hi

Occasionally I get emails from my NUT system saying that one of my UPSes lost power for about a minute.

Losing power:
	Date: 15. nov 2010 17.40.25 CET

regaining power:
	Date: 15. nov 2010 17.41.34 CET

69 seconds later. But why? None of the 3 other UPSes reports any power loss. What is the problem?

So I made some scripts that logs the input, output and frequency at the time of power loss, but they show nothing strange. Today results was:
	input	228.9 V
	output	228.9 V

Today the UPS was a APC Smart-UPS 3000 RM, but I have seen it with other UPSes as well.

How normal is my experiences?