[Nut-upsuser] how normal is this temporary power loss for a single UPS?

Svein Skogen (Listmail account) svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Mon Nov 15 17:12:55 UTC 2010

On 15.11.2010 17:56, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Occasionally I get emails from my NUT system saying that one of my UPSes lost power for about a minute.
>
> Losing power:
> 	Date: 15. nov 2010 17.40.25 CET
>
> regaining power:
> 	Date: 15. nov 2010 17.41.34 CET
>
> 69 seconds later. But why? None of the 3 other UPSes reports any power loss. What is the problem?
>
> So I made some scripts that logs the input, output and frequency at the time of power loss, but they show nothing strange. Today results was:
> 	input	228.9 V
> 	output	228.9 V
>
> Today the UPS was a APC Smart-UPS 3000 RM, but I have seen it with other UPSes as well.
>

> How normal is my experiences?

Depends. Both my cyberpower UPSes does something similar (self tests,
actually). One does so nightly, one weekly.

//Svein

--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein at d80.iso100.no
  \ /   |Solberg Østli 9    | PGP Key:  0xE5E76831
   X    |2020 Skedsmokorset | svein at jernhuset.no
  / \   |Norway             | PGP Key:  0xCE96CE13
        |                   | svein at stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein at jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.